We Protect Water and Land
Every waterway is different, which is why our engineering team and environmental experts work together to determine the safest and lowest-impact way to build the pipeline as we install I beneath waterways. We employ the most modern construction techniques when building our pipelines and take precautions around roads and water crossings. For instance:
- We ensure permanent right-of-way easements will be 50 feet wide, with additional temporary workspace typically totaling 60 feet in width.
- We are responsible for the repair of drain tiles, irrigation, or other buried utilities, if damaged during pipeline construction.
- We will minimize road impact during construction and will be responsible for repairing any road damage caused by construction.
- Normal farming equipment may cross the right-of-way without restrictions.
- To protect river crossings, creeks and wetlands, we use various water-crossing techniques including state-of-the-art horizontal directional drilling (HDD) techniques to bury the pipeline well below river beds.